The question is often asked, “Are salespeople born or made?” With few academic institutions offering curriculums in sales, and fewer and fewer corporations investing in the development of their salespeople, it appears that successful salespeople today are born. In the very least, they are self-taught. Isn’t the same true of sales managers? Managing salespeople requires an entirely different management/ executive skill set than is taught in MBA programs. While the title of the subject matter is “Are Sales Managers Born or Made?”, maybe the question ought to be “What are the attributes of an effective sales manager?” Read more
We Can Help You Solve Sales Management ChallengesAsk Us How
- How Do You Get the Point to "Stick"?
- Compliant Reporting Doesn't Improve Performance
- Four Questions to Ask About Whether or Not Organizational Change Worked
- The Bridge Between the People We Want and the People We Have
- Whose Back Are You Covering?
- Good Meetings
- Tom Peters and Alan Weiss on Customer Driven Organizations
- Sales 2.0: The Next Silver Bullet in Sales Management
- "Fake Work" Peterson, Nielson: Why so many organizations are working hard but getting nowhere.
- Work as a Social Environment vs Work as a Productive Environment
Paul Pease - Monday, September 21, 2009
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.